Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Done in a Jiffy Baby Blanket

Very shortly my baby-to-be will be getting a cousin.  Well second cousin to be exact.  My baby cousin Emily is due to give birth to a son.  I made this green blanket months ago and just sent it in the mail.  Ooops.  
I used the Done in a Jiffy crochet pattern and used Beehive Baby Clover and Lushest Lace.  I picked green for two reasons; this is the first-born so if she ever has more children, it would work for a girl and secondly, she and I are Irish (American) and I wanted to pick a color that represented our Irish heritage.

Beehive Baby
Done in a Jiffy Baby Blanket 2014


Up close look at the stitching.

Beehive Baby
Done in a Jiffy Baby Blanket 2014

And of course Kitty has to check it out!

Beehive Baby
Done in a Jiffy Baby Blanket 2014
I really hope both of my cousins like this!  I really enjoyed this pattern.  It used a combination of single crochet and double crochet.  I enjoyed crocheting with Beehive Baby.  It has a really nice mixed texture.  And as indicated in the name of the pattern, this works up fairly quickly.

2 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous colour, hope your cousin likes it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did! She sent me a facebook message and was all excited.

      Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete