Thursday, April 17, 2014

Classic Baby Blanket

My husband's best friend and his wife are expecting their first son.  The baby shower was this past Saturday.  I was cutting it close finishing the border and washing it Saturday morning.  I started it last January but with morning sickness and the house hunt and move, it unfortunately was slow going.  But the pattern was simple and a good one for a beginner.  I did a different border than the one in the pattern.  I opted for a scalloped border.

I used Lion Brand Pound of Love in the color of Blue Bell.

Classic Baby Blanket 2014

Classic Baby Blanket 2014

Classic Baby Blanket 2014

Classic Baby Blanket 2014

Classic Baby Blanket 2014

8 comments:

  1. Soo cute. Thanks for the link to the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby blanket and really cute edging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mamsmercantile! I really like the scalloped edge.

      Delete
  3. The scalloped edging really makes the blanket pop - it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete